WELCOME TO MY ROOM!

Come in and sit a spell! Yes, pull up a pillow and your computer, grab your favorite bag of chips, a thing of chocolate and sit down to look at what is being talked about. Some young ladies struggle to discuss things that are important to them, or near to their hearts. Perhaps it is just needing some advice (and guess what, if you have the question I promise that there are other "Little Sister's" just like you wondering the SAME EXACT THING!) We will discuss dating, friends, should-I or should-I-not's, current events, what-should-I-do's, gospel questions, and much more! I am LDS, and therefore you are going to sometimes get a matter-of-fact answer, and other times a more spiritual, gospel-centered one...either way, I hope with all my heart that I can be there for each of my "Little Sister's" from all over the world. xo Your Big Sis Dani

Sunday, November 18, 2012

What is "Big Sister's Room?"

I don't think that there is any place more safe, or sacred than a "Sister's Bedroom." Within the walls of that room, secrets are shared, questions answered, long-night talks take place about...boys, friend drama, things of God, school, parents, and anything else we could think of. My little sister and I, although not having been close during our teen years, still find that our sanctuary from the world. So, most of those discussions take place on the phone...but in the meantime I have found that I have a desire to provide this for all of my "little sisters" in the world. Questions about some of these things can be difficult to discuss, but even more difficult to simply ask! Now I have the privilege of inviting more "little sisters" into my proverbial "bedroom." So, I created this site so that we could make the Big Sister Bedroom as big as it needed to be. Discuss questions that needed to be discussed...maybe those things that might be difficult for you to discuss otherwise. So, imagine this as my big, fluffly, feather-topped bed here at my house, and we are all laying on it, eating chips & dip, with a bag of chocolate being passed around, feet up on the wall, while lounging in our favorite comfy pajamas...and we are just simply chatting it up! So, come and spend some time with your "Big Sis" and maybe we can help each other. I am NOT promising that I know the answers to EVERYTHING...but I do think that I can guide you to where you may find your answers. I may not tell you everyting you want to hear. I may ask questions to help you discover the answer on your own even. Keep in mind though...I am going to turn to my knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well. And if I find that what is being asked is a little more "sacred" than this blog will allow, I will probably ask you to message me, or I will refer you to other wonderful resources your own parents, big sister as the case may be. :) I truly believe that this is a chosen generation of young women...but this life gets complicated, and Satan has truly waged a battle against this elite force. So I will be there for you as much as I can, helping you figure out your place, and where you stand and what you can do to make certain you stay "True to Who You Are" (paraphrasing Shakespear here). I hope you enjoy this site and check back often as I add all sorts of helps, and new conversations are added. You may not always like the answer...but that doesn't mean that my answer is not correct either...so be prepared for that one. Either way, my answerws will always come from my heart and with total love for my "Little Sisters." xo Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment