WELCOME TO MY ROOM!

Come in and sit a spell! Yes, pull up a pillow and your computer, grab your favorite bag of chips, a thing of chocolate and sit down to look at what is being talked about. Some young ladies struggle to discuss things that are important to them, or near to their hearts. Perhaps it is just needing some advice (and guess what, if you have the question I promise that there are other "Little Sister's" just like you wondering the SAME EXACT THING!) We will discuss dating, friends, should-I or should-I-not's, current events, what-should-I-do's, gospel questions, and much more! I am LDS, and therefore you are going to sometimes get a matter-of-fact answer, and other times a more spiritual, gospel-centered one...either way, I hope with all my heart that I can be there for each of my "Little Sister's" from all over the world. xo Your Big Sis Dani

Friday, January 31, 2014

Hello Darlin'...it's been awhile...

I know, I know...I definitely need to be more consistent with my blogging. Life gets in the way. Funny...that makes for an excellent post doesn't it? Have you ever been on FB and seen those "Nobody loves me" posts? Or "The is a test, I don't think anyone will do it, but I want to see if anyone is even reading my posts...." See, I am confused by these posts. For starters, if you think it is fun to "give one word that describes how we met," I think that is perfectly fine and fun to boot. If, however you are fishing for friends...you need to understand something...that is exactly what friendship is NOT about. I have five best friends (not including my mother). Now I am ALWAYS open to more best friends...but these are the people in my case gals who I would trust with all of my secrets, dreams, plans, and...weaknesses, challenges and trials. They love me in spite of me. Meaning they love me because of who I am. All of me. The good and the bad, and sometimes the ugly. Most of the time, I don't have to filter what I say, or sugar-coat how I say it. I do try to be sensitive, but mostly I see my roll as that of counselor, confidant, cheerleader, and the giver of unconditional love. That is MY job as a friend. My friends live all over. My sister is in Arizona. She is an amazing mother, you have never seen kids tow the line like hers and yet she is so loving about it that I don't think her children realize that she is strict with them, scheduled and organized. Basically everything I am not, and wish I had more of in me. She is also well educated, but she chooses to be at home raising her children. Did I mention she has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do? My oldest friend lives in Nebraksa. I prayed for her when I was 14. I prayed to have a best friend. The kind that one has for life. We met walking to school in Jr. High. I looked over at her as we were walking and talking and said silently to God, "I wonder if this is my best friend?" Sure enough...we are still besties to this day. She told me one day when we were about sixteen that when I got married she would be waiting for me on the temple steps. On October 24, 1998 in Manti, Utah...my best friend was standing at the bottom of the walk way to the front doors of the temple. She has been there for me everyday. She is the most selfless person I have ever known. She holds no grudges towards anyone...yet has been hurt by many. She forgives unconditionally. I think that is why I forgive so easily, she taught me that. We don't see each other often. She has never been to visit me, but I would never go home without seeing her. And when I call, even if it has been months...we pick up right where we left off. Time has no impact on that bond. Did I mention that she is a die hard Catholic girl, actress/model and substitute Math teacher? Another one of my friends started with me in one town, being one of my first friends...and the hardest one to part with just a few months ago. We moved away a few months ago, and as luck would have it month after we moved they moved to Idaho. This particular friend adored my children and loved them as her own. She was SO sacrificing and again, that selflessness and service. She served my family and me constantly. I have never had a friend who would fold my socks for me, or take my kids while on bed rest, or sick. She was my drop-by friend. She was always there for me. Even at great inconvenience to herself and her family. I cannot tell you how many times she made dinner for us. I want to be like that. Serving like that. Loving my friends like that. Did I tell you that she had three kids and a business of her own? My last two friends are both from Utah. The first is my sister-in-law. She and I are opposites in a lot of ways, but in the ways that matter...we "get" each other. She is a runner, funny as all get-out, adventurous and fun. She makes me laugh! She and I love her drive, her determination, her desire to be a great mom. She takes her job as mom and wife very seriously. Yet, she is nothing but serious about life. She lives for the moment. I want to be more healthy and fun like she is. Whenever I go an visit, it is like a shot in the arm and I am renewed. Did I mention that she is a nurse and has written a book? Then lastly, my friend in Utah Valley area. She and I are kindred spirits. We also met in Northern Wyoming, then they moved back to Utah a few years ago. Our moving has placed us within driving distance and I get to see her a lot more frequently than the others now. She and I NEVER have enough time to talk. She has quotes all over her home. Inspiring to herself and her family and to me. She is SO patient with her children, yet is firm and teaches them as she corrects behavior. She is always looking to better herself and do something more...whatever that means for her at the time. She is kind, never wanting to offend. Always the cheerleader, and when I offer counsel...she actually wants to hear it, perhaps because our counsel to each other is always offered in love. She runs several businesses and is currently building them into one. She always does addiction counseling and other self-help classes. She stays up late and barely sleeps, and is constantly sharing her knowledge with others. Did I mention that she was the prom queen in high school? No, because I didn't know until just a few months ago. I never would have guessed it. The reason I share about all of these extraordinary women is this. I will never be upset with them for not calling me, or contacting me, or even dropping me a thank you note. They are busy being great. They are busy serving other, their families, bettering themselves, working towards their goals and dreams. I could not think of a better thing for them to be doing! I know, if I need them...I need to call them and let them know. If they need me. I am always here. I will not write any of my friends off because they are doing what Christ wants them to do...raise their families, be good wives and achieve great things. And if they can't respond to a Facebook post or text...I am not going to write them off or "Unfriend" them. I am going to be proud of them, because I know they are living their lives and being my example. When there is time...we will catch up, and I will get to hear all about their great mothering techniques and challenges, how they served others, what they are doing to fulfill their dreams and goals and how their daughters received their first catechism.

No comments:

Post a Comment