WELCOME TO MY ROOM!

Come in and sit a spell! Yes, pull up a pillow and your computer, grab your favorite bag of chips, a thing of chocolate and sit down to look at what is being talked about. Some young ladies struggle to discuss things that are important to them, or near to their hearts. Perhaps it is just needing some advice (and guess what, if you have the question I promise that there are other "Little Sister's" just like you wondering the SAME EXACT THING!) We will discuss dating, friends, should-I or should-I-not's, current events, what-should-I-do's, gospel questions, and much more! I am LDS, and therefore you are going to sometimes get a matter-of-fact answer, and other times a more spiritual, gospel-centered one...either way, I hope with all my heart that I can be there for each of my "Little Sister's" from all over the world. xo Your Big Sis Dani

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Building Relationships of Trust

Hello Little Sisters, Had to take a bit of a haitus there as my entire family has had a medical issue of one kind or another since Decemeber and when you have six humans and two dogs...those things just have to take priority. That said, I decided to write to you today about a couple of things. I have been contemplating so many things right now, and although I have a TON on my plate I have felt over and over again the need to get on here and share my thoughts with my Little Sisters. It's not a life-altering "Ah-ha" moment, but nevertheless I find myself as of late discussing religion with friends who do not belong to the Latter-day Saint Church. Having been brought up in a part-member home (my step-day was Catholic), I can appreciate the differences and the similarities of beliefs between different faiths. As-a-matter-of-fact, I think that this point-of-view made me a stronger missionary while I was serving a full-time mission, and this unique perspective DEFINITELY makes me a better missionary now. Of course, like many I was afraid of placing my precious testimony before those who would "defile it." However, as I contemplate this attitude of keeping my testimony to myself I realize that there is NO WAY that those perceptions and even anti-beliefs will not change if I do not desire to change it. How do I change those misconceptions about our beliefs?? I share my testimony. Yes, totally a Catch .22. Recently though I realized something. I need to trust in humanity a little more. After all, didn't we, and by "we" I mean all of us here upon the earth, choose to come to earth? That means we fought side-by-side in Heaven. Regardless of what that person NOW believes, at one time we were on the same team. The Lord's team! So what better place to start BRTing (Building Relationships of Trust -Missionary Training Center lingo) then right there? And what I mean is, there is no better ground to build a foundation of trust upon when building testimonies than that which is made of solid LOVE! So my LS's, as always...these were not necessarily the words that I was going to write today, but they were definitely the words that needed to be posted. Please share with me YOUR experiences and thoughts on today's topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment